Let's See What We Can Learn About the Farm at the Library!

Take Me Out to the Barnyard
(tune:  Take Me Out to the Ballgame)
by Judy Hall
Take me out to the barnyard.
Take me out there right now.
Show me the cows, pigs and horses, too.
I hear an oink and a neigh and a moo.
There are chickens laying their eggs.
If they don't lay it's a shame.
Oh, it's one, two, three eggs today,
And I'm glad I came.


Feature Book: Seven Loaves of Bread
by Ferida Wolff
This story shows how much hard work it takes to keep up a farm. If someone on the farm doesn't do a job, all kinds of problems come up.

Now that we've read the story, let's take a little quiz by clicking HERE.



5 White and Fluffy Sheep
Five white and fluffy sheep
In the pasture fast asleep
Their wool kept them cozy all night long.
Snore!  Snore!
The farmer slipped away with one
And sheared the wool till he was done
Then there were 4 white fluffy sheep.
Baa!  Baa!

Click here for some fun online activities.